Who doesn’t love fall? Is there anything better than turning on the oven to bake when the cold weather hits? This breakfast is perfect for autumn and winter: It is SIMPLE to make, is perfectly Naturally Sweetened with dates and apples. It’s also butter-free (we use Extra Virgin Olive Oil instead). Also, it is a very convenient breakfast because it can be easily reheated in the microwave, oven or served cold to your children for EASY and READY breakfast because it can be done the day before.Most importantly: This Vegan Apple Crisp is crunchy in the outside but very tender in the inside and with plenty of Date Caramel. It also does not contain gluten (Gluten Free Dessert yaaaay)Want to save this Recipe for later? Pin the recipe to your Pinterest boards:
Perfect fall breakfast: SIMPLE, Naturally Sweetened (dates and apples) and Kid Friendly.
Crunchy in the outside, tender in the inside.
- 4 medium red apples or 6 small
- 1 cup dates (140g)
- 1 cup hot water (250ml)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg, ground ginger and salt
- 1 cup oats (100g)
- 1/2 cup oat flour (120g)
- 2/3 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Peel apples and thinly slice them lengthwise.
- Prepare the Date Paste caramel: in a small bowl add the dates with hot water for 10 minutes.
- Then add cinnamon, nutmeg, groung ginger and salt and blend it until a smooth consistency.
- Filling: Add the apples to a baking dish and top with 2/3 of the Date Paste caramel (the other 1/3 will be using it in the crust). Combine the ingredients.
- Crust: Process the almonds into flour and combine with all the remaining ingredients (oats, oat flour, walnuts and EVOO) and the 1/3 Date Paste caramel.
- Then use fingers to break down any clumps. Pour over apples in an even layer.
- Bake it for 45-50 minutes at 175°C until the filling is bubbly, the apples are tender and the crust is golden brown.
- Recomendation: let rest at least 30 minutes before serving it.