This creamy orange soup is the perfect comforting and quick fall-winter dinner. It is made only with 5 INGREDIENTS and all from scratch. The recipe of this soup is simple, so it’s customizable: you can add other ingredients as coconut milk, tofu cubes or basil, is your choice!We like to top the soup with some fresh basil to create contrast (which is from our balcony garden!)As this soup is low in protein, you can increase the amount of it making some fried or toasted tofu cubes with soy sauce.
This is our favourite way to cook tofu when we don’t have much time but we want to increase the amount of protein in our dinners. Want to save this Recipe for later? Pin the recipe to your Pinterest boards:If you make this recipe leave a comment and don’t forget to share it on Instagram, tag me @EarthyMaite + #EarthyMaite! I love seeing your delicious recreations
- 1 small white onion
- 3 medium carrots
- 3 cup cubed pumpkin
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 Tbsp EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- Pinch of ginger powder
- 1 block of firm tofu in cubes
- 1 Tbsp EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- Fresh basil
- Heat a large pot over medium heat with EVOO.
- Dice onion and garlic. Add to pot with diced carrots and pumpkin cook for 10 minutes.
- Season with all the spices (turmeric, curry, paprika, salt, grpund pepper and ginger), then add water and stir.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes, or until veggies are tender, especially carrots.
- Transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Optional/Toppings: Toast cubed tofu in a large pan with EVOO until crispy and golden brown. Turn off the heat and add soy sauce and stir.
If you want to make this recipe Gluten Free, make sure you use Tamari instead of Soy Sauce.