This Ice Cream is the perfect dessert to make when you want a basic non-dairy but creamy and fresh ice cream and also something healthy and delicious. This ice cream is Naturally Sweetened but perfectly sweet with dates. The main flavor comes from the basic Spanish dessert: Arroz con Leche (Milk Rice) and topped with our favourite Cinammon Salted Caramel.You are going to LOVE this ice cream because is:
HealthyThe result is the perfect creamy, dreamy milky-cinnamon ice cream. We love to pair it with cakes, in ice cream sandwiches or in milkshakes.The Cinnamon Salted Caramel is SUPER simple to make and very versatile. We love to add it not only on top of this ice cream but in Peanut Butter toasts, chocolate muffins, cakes, yogurt…
Want to save this Recipe for later? Pin the recipe to your Pinterest boards:If you make this recipe leave a comment and don’t forget to share it on Instagram, tag me @EarthyMaite + #EarthyMaite! I love seeing your delicious recreations
Perfect dessert to make when you want a basic non-dairy but creamy and fresh ice cream and also something healthy and delicious.
- 1 1/4 cup plantbased milk (1L)
- 1/2 cup round rice (100g)
- 3 lemon zest
- 3 tbsp date paste (35 g hydrated dates and 3 tbsp water blended)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 can coconut milk
- Heat plantbased milk (we use unsweetened soy milk) with cinnamon stick and lemon zest. Add Date Paste, if you use sweetened plantbased milk skip this step.
- With the help of a wooden spoon, stir the milk well and press the date paste to the sides of the pan to incorporate it to the milk and help to dissolve it.
- When the milk begins to boil remove it from the heat and with the help of a strainer strain the milk carefully.
- Lower the heat and add the rice. Cook it for 20 minutes stirring rice every 2 minutes.
- Let it cool and then add coconut cream. It is very important not to shake the coconut can, we only need the cream from the top. Then blend all together util puree consistency.
- Freeze it for 1 hour, then blend it and freeze it again. Repeat this 2-3 times.
- Remove it from the freezer 20 min before serving it
This salted caramel is healthy, perfect to combine with toasts, desserts or even on ice creams!
- 2/3 cup dates (100g)
- 1 cup hot water (250ml)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Hydrate dates for 10 minutes in hot water until soft.
- Process them with the water, salt and cinnamon. Transfer the caramel to a small jar and refrigerate it. Caramel will keep for up to 1 week in the refrigerator.