Do you know these Brownie Pies that are tender and moist on the inside but crunchy on the outside? These mini vegan Brownie Pies are the perfect bite but healthy: Naturally Sweetened with applesauce and dates and with only wholemeal ingredients.
This homemade fudge brownie pie gives you two desserts in one. As this dessert is healthy and with no sugars, it is Healthy for Kids!
Do you want more muffin inspo? Check our favorites:
- The EASIEST Banana & Blackberry Muffins – Naturally Sweetened with bananas and dates, 100% wholemeal
- Chocolate & Cherry Muffins – Naturally Sweetened with applesauce and dates, 100% wholemeal
- Browffins – Brownies made into muffins! – Naturally Sweetened with applesauce and dates, 100% wholemeal
Vegan Brownie Pies tender and moist on the inside but crunchy on the outside. The perfect healthy bite: Sweetened with applesauce and dates and wholesome.
For Pie Crust:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (130 g)
- 1/2 cup oat flour (60 g)
- 1/3 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (140 ml)
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (30 g)
- 1-2 Tbsp date paste (32 g)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 medium apple (180 g)
- 2/3 cup date paste or 1 cup dates (140 g)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (250 ml, 220 g)
- 3 flax eggs (1 flax egg = 1 tbsp of ground flax seeds (7 g) + 3 tbsp of water)
- 1/2 cup EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (200 g)
- 1/2 cup cacao powder (50 g)
- 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp baking powder (16 g)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Prepare the Date Paste and cook the apple: hydrate a cup of dates (140g) in hot water for 5 minutes in a pot and then blend them with a few tablespoons of water until we get a dense paste. In the same pot, cook the apple in hot water until soft and let it cool down.
- Prepare flax eggs: mix flax seeds in a bowl with the tablespoons of water and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Make the crust: Mix flour, date paste, baking powder, and salt. Then add the oil while mixing with your hands. Then add the almond milk little by little, and knead well with both hands. If the dough is too dry add a little more milk. Make a ball and let it rest.
- Meanwhile, make the brownie batter: Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Then blend or mix wet ingredients. Add wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients and mix well.
- Assemble brownie pies: In a muffin tin, place baking paper cut into circles and make small balls with the crust dough. Place one baking paper under the ball and another on top of it. Form a thin dough base by using the bottom of a glass or rolling pin.
- Bake the mini pie crusts for five minutes in the oven before adding the brownie batter. After these minutes, add the brownie batter inside each crust base with the help of an ice cream spoon.
- Bake the brownie pies for approximately 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out almost clean.
- Let them cool before removing the muffins from the pan.
- Serve them with vegetable cream or spread them with melted chocolate to taste and enjoy them with a good cappuccino.
#EarthyTip: If you like chocolate, do not forget to add chocolate chips to the brownie batter so that it melts in the oven.