This Pumpkin Butter is the perfect Fall Sweetener, is healthy, easy and super versatile. It can be used as a sweetener in desserts, on top of morning toasts with peanut butter, in Pumpkin Spice Lattes, muffins, in pancakes or even in porridges. This sweetener is appropiate for everyone.Feel free to use it as a normal healthy sweetener like we do on top of this Carrot Cake Porridge or in this super Creamy Pumpkin Spice Latte:
Want to save this Recipe for later? Pin the recipe to your Pinterest boards:If you make this recipe leave a comment and don’t forget to share it on Instagram, tag me @EarthyMaite + #EarthyMaite! I love seeing your delicious recreations
The perfect Fall Sweetener, is healthy, easy and super versatile. It can be used as a healthy sweetener in desserts.
- 2 cups cut fresh pumpkin (2 can pumpkin pureé, 800g)
- 2/3 cup Date Paste or 1 cup dates
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- Cook pumpkin in hot boiling water until soft, if you use pumpkin puree skip this step.
- If you don't have Date Paste in advance, prepare the caramel: Put 1 cup of dates in hot water for 10 minutes. Blend the dates with 5 tbsp of the hot water.
- In the same blender, add the cooked pumpkin, lemon juice and spices (cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger) and a pinch of salt to taste. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the butter mixture to a small jar and refrigerate it. The butter will keep for up to 1 week in the refrigerator.