This Gazpacho recipe is fresh, the perfect summer soup, easy and fast to make and grab whenever you want. Gazpacho is perfect when it is too hot to eat but you need cold and lunch all at the same time. The cherries add that sweet plus to the recipe.The best season to prepare Gazpacho is when the tomatoes turn juicy and sweet in summer.TIP: All gazpachos need to spend a couple of hours in the refrigerator. This gives the flavors time to fully develop, and the soup time to chill completely. We like to add some chopped onion, cucumber and green pepper to the top with a bit of EVOO and eat it with a good slice of wholewheat bread or gluten free bread of your choice/needs.
Want to save this Recipe for later? Pin the recipe to your Pinterest boards:If you make this recipe leave a comment and don’t forget to share it on Instagram, tag me @EarthyMaite + #EarthyMaite! I love seeing your delicious recreations 🙂
The perfect summer soup, easy, fresh and fast to make. The cherries add that sweet plus to the recipe.
- 1,5 kg fresh ripe tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 green pepper (100g)
- 1 cucumber (225g)
- 450g cherries
- 12 ice cubes
- 4 tbsp EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- Salt and ground pepper
- Prepare the vegetables: Wash them well. Cut the ripe tomatoes into quarters. Peel the cucumber and cut it into thick slices. Cut the onion in half. Remove the pits from the cherries.
- Blend the ingredients: Add all the vegetables plus the cherries to a high-speed blender and blend at maximum speed.
- Add the ice cubes and dress it with oil and vinegar. Also, add salt to taste and blend again.
- Let it cool in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving. You can add chopped onion and cucumber to the top (see photos).
TIP: If you like garlic, we suggest you to add one clove of garlic to the blender as well.
The more ripe the tomatoes the better!