This Blackberry Summer Cake is ultra fresh, vibrant, light and simple to make. We don’t need to use the oven and is Gluten Free! The crust is crunchy, while the blackberry filling is super light and fresh. Also HEALTHY, Naturally Sweetened with dates and whole ingredients.SIMPLE to make, here you have the step by step:
Step 1: Make the Blackberry Filling and boil itStep 2: Make the cookie crust; mix all the ingredients and create a ball. Then make an uniform layer at the bottom of a round mold
Step 3: Pour the Blackberry Filling into the mold and leave it refrigerate for at least 4 hoursWe like to serve it with coconut yogurt diluted in water or homemade ice cream.Want to save this Recipe for later? Pin the recipe to your Pinterest boards:If you make this recipe leave a comment and don’t forget to share it on Instagram, tag me @EarthyMaite + #EarthyMaite! I love seeing your delicious recreations 🙂
- 1/4 cup Date Paste (60g)
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax seeds (7g)+ 3 tbsp water)
- 1/3 cup almonds raw or roasted (40g)
- 3/4 oat flour (80g)
- 2 tbsp cacao powder (8g)
- 1/2 tbsp EVOO( Extra Virgin Olive Oil) (5g, 7,5ml)
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cup milk (440g, 500ml)
- 1 cup blackberries (110g)
- 1/3 cup cashews (40g)
- 1 tbsp agar agar flakes
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- First of all soak the cashews in hot water and prepare the flax egg. Let rest.
- Blackberry filling: Blend all the ingredients well (milk, blackberries, cashews, Date Paste, agar agar flakes, salt and lemon juice) and place it over medium heat until it begins to boil, leave it boiling 5 minutes stirring. Let it cool.
- Cookie Crust: Process almonds and oats (if we do not have oat flour), then mix with other ingredients to make a ball. Make an uniform layer at the bottom of a round mold (with the help of the bottom of a glass).
- Pour the Blackberry Filling into the mold and leave it refrigerate for at least 4 hours before unmolding and serving.
- It can be served with coconut yogurt diluted in water or homemade ice cream.
If you want to make this recipe Gluten Free, make sure you use a certified GF oat flour, normally written in the package.