This whole wheat Galettes are the perfect dinner side. Made with simple and real food ingredients: Whole wheat flour, Extra Virgin Olive Oil and vegetables. They are easy and rustic and perfect for everytime of year, changing ingredients depending of the season.As it is fall season, we chosed fall vegetables this time:
Mushrooms, onion, red pepper ones:
Red pepper and leek ones:
We love this type of recipes because Galettes don’t have to look perfect and every single galette looks different and has its own character.If you make this recipe leave a comment and don’t forget to share it on Instagram, tag me @EarthyMaite + #EarthyMaite! I love seeing your delicious recreations
These Healthy Galettes are EASY and rustic, perfect for everytime of year.
- 3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 2/3 cup ice cold water
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 small red onion
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1 leek
- 10 mushrooms
- EVOO and salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flours, oil, salt and water. Stir to combine. Add more water if the dough is too dry.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and form into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap (or in a airtight tupper) and place in the refrigerator for around 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the veggies with the following cuts: onion and peppers in thin strips, leek in circles, and mushrooms in slices.
- Heat up a pan with some EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil). Add one of the vegetables and sauté for three minutes with salt and pepper to taste.
- Repeat this process with all the vegetables.The vegetables will be sautéed one by one separately. We do not want them to be cooked too much since the cooking will end in the oven later. When sautéed set aside.
- After 40 minutes, divide your dough in 5 different balls of the same size. Roll out each ball on a lightly floured surface.
- Then transfer each dough to a baking sheet. Layer each veggies in the center of each dough, leaving a 2-3 cm border all around. Gently fold over the pastry border.
- Bake the galettes until the crust is fully cooked and golden brown, about 40-45 minutes.
- Let them cool slightly before slicing.