This Fresh Lentil Salad is refreshing but very filling. Thanks to lentils and tofu the protein content is high and if we combine it with a source of Vitamin C (in this case parsley), the bioavailability of plant-based iron improves. This salad is perfect for everyone but especially for children and women of childbearing age.
This salad is:
Easy & Quick to prepare
but above all Versatile!
Start with cooking lentils or use cooked canned lentils and chop all the veggies: onion, fresh parsley, and sun-dried tomatoes. Then prepare the vinaigrette by mixing EVOO, garlic, balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper.
Then, place lentils in a large bowl and start adding all the ingredients except the tofu feta and mix well.
This Vegan Feta is so versatile to add to any kind of salad for extra protein or to our savory breakfast toast. This time we served the salad with this Savory Chickpea Pancakes that are so easy to make!
Need more lunch ideas? Check our favorite recipes!
- Rustic Mini Whole Wheat Galettes
- Brand new 6 INGREDIENT Pasta al Pesto Rosso
- Delicious Easy Gnocchi in creamy Spinach sauce
- Easy Roasted Pepper Pasta
Refreshing but very filling Lentil Salad with Vegan Feta. High in protein and iron!
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/3 cup lentils (250g)
- 8 sundried tomatoes (80g)
- 6 tbsp chopped parsley (45g)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 5 tbsp EVOO
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 250 g firm tofu
- 3 tbsp EVOO
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Pinch Origano
- Salt & Pepper
- Cook the lentils or use canned cooked lentils. Meanwhile, prepare all the vegetables: julienne the onion, chop the fresh parsley, and sundried tomatoes.
- Make Tofu Feta: Cut the tofu blocks into small cubes of approximately 1 cm. Put them in an airtight container or glass jar. Add the EVOO, soy sauce, salt, pepper, and oregano to the tofu. Shake and let stand in the refrigerator for at least two hours for it to take flavor.
- Prepare the vinaigrette by mixing EVOO, balsamic vinegar, the chopped garlic clove, salt, and pepper, and mix well. Set aside in the fridge.
- Once the lentils are cooked al dente, cool them by running them under cold water.
- Pour the lentils into a large bowl and add the vegetables except for the feta tofu and mix well.
- When it is time to serve the salad, add the vinaigrette and mix. Then add the cubes of feta tofu.
- Storage: Keep the salad in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
We enjoyed this salad with vegan savory chickpea pancakes!