This porridge is the perfect EASY and QUICK fall breakfast. This Naturally Sweetened porridge is like your everyday porridge but healthier. The spiced apples are super easy to make but the perfect combo. We use our Healthy Pumpkin Butter to Naturally Sweeten this porridge:We also top this Carrot Cake Porridge with walnuts (hellooo omega-3), wild blackberries from the forest and spiced apples. Check the recipe below to know how to cook these cinnamony golden apples!If you make this recipe leave a comment and don’t forget to share it on Instagram, tag me @EarthyMaite + #EarthyMaite! I love seeing your delicious recreations
This porridge is the perfect EASY and QUICK fall breakfast: Naturally Sweetened with dates and spiced apples
- 2 cup oats
- 3 cup water
- 1 cup plant milk (we use soy milk)
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp Date Paste
- 2 red apples
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp Pumpkin Butter
- Chopped Walnuts
- In a large pot add the oat and the water to boil.
- Grate the carrots and then add them to the pot with 1/2 cup of the milk.
- While the oats are cooking peel apples and cut them in cubes.
- In a small pot add the apples with cinnamon and ground ginger, then stir so the don't get burned.
- Stir until the oats are completely cooked and creamy.
- Before serving the oats, add the Date Paste and the other 1/2 cup milk into the pot and stir to combine.
- Top the porridge with the spiced apples, a tablespoon of Pumpkin Butter, some blackberries and walnuts
If you want to make this recipe Gluten Free, make sure you use a certified GF oat flour, normally written in the package.