The Healthiest but Yummiest Granola Ever (no sugar-syrup and oils, aka WHOLEFOOD) ready to be eaten in your breakfast with plant based yogurt and fresh fruit, as a snack or with fresh vegetable milk. Very EASY to make. This recipe is inspired by Banana Bread as it has the sweetness of bananas and cinnamon. We like to make this recipe every week in bulk to have breakfast ready when we are in a hurry.
Want to save this Recipe for later? Pin the recipe to your Pinterest boards:We start with… Step 1: Make the Banana Date Paste.
Actually, it is sweet, because of the Date Paste and bananas as well as savoury, because of the tahini and salt.Step 2: Place dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix. Step 3: Place the paste to the bowl and mix with dry ingredients.Finally… Step 4: Bake it until crispy and golden.
The Healthiest but Yummiest Granola Ever ready to be eaten in your breakfast with plant based yogurt and fresh fruit. Very EASY to make.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2/3 cup Date Paste or 1 cup of dates (140g)
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 3 cup oats (300g)
- 1/2 cup walnuts (50g)
- 1/2 cup almonds (60g)
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut (30g)
- 1/2 cup mix raisins/dried cranberries (70g)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (60g)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC.
- Blend wet ingredients: bananas, Date Paste or dates and tahini until smooth.
- Chop walnuts and almonds with a sharp knife and then in a bowl mix all dry ingredients.
- Add the wet blend to the bowl and mix with your hands.
- Put all the granola chunks in a baking tray with baking paper or silicone paper.
- Bake at 170ºC for 40 min fliping the granola in half time and until crispy and golden.
- Let cool and then keep it in an airtight container, we use glass airtight jars.
If you want to make this recipe Gluten Free, make sure you use a certified GF oat flour, normally written in the package.
If you want to make this recipe nut free replace almonds and walnuts with sunflower and pumpkin seeds or peanuts.
TIP: Keep in mind the temperature of your oven and remember to turn the granola when half the time passes, you do not want to burn it.
Feel free to change the nuts with the ones of your choice, our favourites are cashews, almonds and pistachios.
The recipe is an inspiration from Jenny Mustard's granola recipe.