Who doesn’t love easy grab-to-go but also healthy desserts? This Gluten Free and High in Protein Cups are the perfect treat. Packed with sweetness from cherries and salty for the peanut butter.They are Naturally Sweetened with Date Paste
They are healthy: plenty of whole grains (oats), legumes (chickpeas) and healthy fats (peanut butter) If you want another High in Protein Cup idea, check this: High Protein Cups
Another High in Protein sweet Recipe? Check High Protein Chocolate Cookies Want to save this Recipe for later? Pin the recipe to your Pinterest boards: Here you have the simple steps you need to follow to build the cups:
1- Make a ball with the chocolate dough and press it in the muffin pan. Then make a hole in all of them and bake it
2- Fill the holes with the Peanut Butter caramel
3- Fill the cups with the Cherry Layer
« Before starting I recommend you to prepare the Date Paste
If you want, you can use this easy-to-follow infographic with the full recipe:If you make this recipe leave a comment and don’t forget to share it on Instagram, tag me @EarthyMaite + #EarthyMaite! I love seeing your delicious recreations 🙂
Gluten Free and High in Protein Cups, the perfect treat. Packed with sweetness from cherries and salty for the peanut butter.
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas (180g)
- 1/2 cup Date Paste
- 1/2 cup cashews (55g)
- 1 cup oats or oat flour (100g)
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of vanilla extract
- 2 cup cherries (300g)
- 1/2 tbsp agar agar flakes
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Date Paste
Peanut Butter Caramel
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (70g)
- 1/3 cup Date Paste (95g)
- Soak cashews 10 minutes in hot water.
- Prepare the sweetener, our Date Paste, follow the simple recipe here: HEALTHY SWEETENER – Date Paste
- Chocolate cup: Blend wet ingredients (chickpeas, Date Paste and soaked cashews) and then mix it with oat flour, cacao powder salt and vanilla until making a dough.
- In a greased muffin pan, create balls of Chocolate cup dough and smash them gently creating a bottom layer. Bake it 15 min at 200ºC.
- Cherry layer: While the Chocolate cups are baking prepare the Cherry vegan Jelly: Remove the pits from cherries and blend them with agar agar flakes, Date Paste and lemon juice. Then boil it for 5 minutes and let it cool.
- PB caramel: While the Cherry jelly is heating up prepare the PB caramel: Mix peanut butter with Date Paste, or blend prehydrated dates with the butter.
- Form layers (see photos): Add a fine layer of PB caramel to the Chocolate Cups. Finally, add Cherry layer to the top.
- Finally, when the cups are assembled, let them cool in the fridge so that the cherry jelly solidifies. Refrigerate them at least 4 hours before unmolding and enjoy.
If you want to make this recipe Gluten Free, make sure you use a certified GF oat flour, normally written in the package.