This Green Pea Soup is comforting, easy to make for quick weeknight dinners, and healthy. This soup is traditional in Scandinavian countries, with different names: ärtsoppa (Sweden), hernekeitto (Finland), ertesuppe (Norway), ærter de gule (Denmark). The ingredients also vary. Green peas are used in Finland and yellow peas in other countries. We only need simple ingredients, and as always made with real foods: frozen green peas, carrot, onion, zucchini, garlic, vegetable broth, Extra Virgin Olive Oil…We served it with roasted local purple potato and crispy baked carrots and a good slice of whole wheat toasted bread. Hungry for more comforting meals? Check our favorite recipes!
- the Easiest Dahl Ever – Red Lentil Curry
- Brand new Easy Yellow Curry
- Creamy and rich Pumpkin & Carrot Soup
Easy Green Pea Soup, comforting, easy to make for quick weeknight dinners, and healthy. Only simple ingredients are needed.
- Frozen green peas (400 g)
- 1 ½ cups carrots, diced into cubes
- 1 medium zucchini, diced into cubes
- 1 red onion, diced (125 g)
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 3 tbsp EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) (45 ml)
- 4 cups vegetable broth or water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- ⅓ cup fresh chopped parsley
- 3 tbsp fresh chopped dill
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped oregano
- Sauté the garlic and onion in a pot with a little of EVOO.
- Once browned, add the carrot and the zucchini with salt, pepper, and herbs.
- When browned, add the frozen green peas and the broth.
- Cook over high heat until the green peas are cooked or in the Instant Pot for only 5 minutes.
- Blend (in an immersion blender or stand blender) and add the lemon juice.
- Serve with roasted carrots and purple potato chips.
- Conservation: Freeze the soup or refrigerate it for up to 5 days.