These cookies are High in Protein thanks to the secret ingredient, very yummy and healthy. They are perfect for kids because they can eat plantbased protein (almost 60g in total) even if they think of having a dessert and they are not too sweet (Naturally Sweetened as always) aka a plus for kids. They are EASY to make, quick and we only need LESS THAN 10 INGREDIENTS.
They are very versatile, you can add different ingredients to them to make different flavours: coconut, cacao or chocolate chunks, raisins, cranberries, lemon zest, ginger… In this case we added melted chocolate to the mixture to get that chocolate cookie flavour.
Want to save this Recipe for later? Pin the recipe to your Pinterest boards:
EASY Chocolate Cookies, quick and with LESS THAN 10 INGREDIENTS. High in Plant-based Protein, Naturally Sweetened and delicious.
It makes 16 medium cookies.
- 1 can of cooked white beans (400g)
- 1/4 cup EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) (50ml)
- 6 tbsp Date Paste
- 65g melted chocolate (82% cacao)
- 1 1/4 cup of oat flour (130g)
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Drain beans with plenty of water and blend them well with the oil, melted chocolate and Date Paste.
- To the wet mixture add oat flour (you can blend oats before, 130g of oats) with salt, cinnamon and the baking powder. Mix everything well until obtaining a cookie dough.
- With a wooden roller spread the dough and with a cookie mold make round cookies (they can also be made by hand). You can also make balls using a scoop of ice cream and with wet hands, press the cookies to make them flat and round.
- Place the cookies in a baking tray with parchment paper or silicone. Bake them at 180ºC 20-30 minutes until golden brown and crunchy.
If you want to make this recipe Gluten Free, make sure you use a certified GF oat flour, normally written in the package.