These Ice Cream Sandwiches are creamy, perfectly sweet and chocolatey. They are perfects for hot days, as an after lunch dessert or as a quick snack. Since they are Naturally Sweetened, they are a perfect healthy and refreshing choice to replace commercial ice creams for children. They are SIMPLE to make and to grab from the freezer whenever you feel like something sweet but refreshing.Want to save this Recipe for later? Pin the recipe to your Pinterest boards: They are also gluten free but make sure you use a certified GF oat flour, normally written in the package, or replace it with other gluten-free flours – we recommend buckwheat flour. We recommend removing the sandwiches from the freezer 15 minutes before eating them to savor the creaminess of the yogurt and cashews.If you make this recipe leave a comment and don’t forget to share it on Instagram, tag me @EarthyMaite + #EarthyMaite! I love seeing your delicious recreations 🙂
Creamy, perfectly sweet and chocolatey Yogurt Sandwiches. Easy to make. Perfect to grab from the freezer whenever you feel like something sweet but refreshing. Naturally Sweetened and with wholefood ingredients.
Chocolate Cookie Crust
- 1 1/4 cup oat flour (130g)
- 1/3 cup cacao powder (20g)
- 1/2 cup Date Paste (105g)
- 1/4 cup vegetable milk (30g)
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax seeds (7g)+ 3 tbsp water)
- Pinch of salt
Yogurt Ice cream
- 1 1/2 cup plant yogurt (300g)
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 tbsp Date Paste
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup blackberries
- Hydrate cashews: Heat water in a medium bowl (2 minutes in the microwave) and leave the cashews hydrating for 10 minutes.
- Make the Cookies Crust: Mix oat flour (if you only have oats, blend them before, 130g), cacao, Date Paste, milk (we use soy), flax egg and pich of salt until making a cookie dough ball.
- Make the Ice Cream: Blend plant based yogurt (we use unsweetened soy yogurt), cashews, Date Paste and vanilla extract. When smooth, add blackberries and mix.
- Freeze the Ice Cream in a tupper or container and every hour stir or blend to prevent the cristalization of the cream. Repeat this process 3 times.
- Assemble the sandwiches: Using a tupper or rectangular pan, add half of the cookie dough and create a thin layer with your hands. Spread the Ice cream mixture and place the top cookie layer on top. Let it freeze.
- After taking them from the freezer, let them 15 minutes before cutting the sandwiches, and once they are cut put them in the freezer individually with baking paper so that they do not stick together.
- Remove the sandwiches from the freezer 15 minutes before eating them to savor the creaminess of the yogurt and cashews.
If you skip the Flax Egg keep in mind that the cookie dough will be dryer, so only use 1 cup of oat flour.
If you want to make this recipe Gluten Free, make sure you use a certified GF oat flour, normally written in the package.