This Coffee Hazelnut Bread is Healthy and Satisfying, perfect for breakfast or afternoon bite. Made from SIMPLE ingredients, everything WHOLEFOOD and Naturally Sweetened – thanks to our Favourite HEALTHY SWEETENER – Date Paste.
Want to save this Recipe for later? Pin the recipe to your Pinterest boards:
To take this cake to the next level, we top it with a coffee frosting made from our Healthy Vegan Frosting and a tablespoon of coffee, very smooth and delicious.
If you want more sweet and healthy recipes check these out:
Healthy and Satisfying bread, perfect for breakfast or afternoon bite. Made from SIMPLE ingredients, everything WHOLEFOOD and Naturally Sweetened.
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (180g)
- 1 cup roasted hazelnuts (125g)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup Date Paste (215g)
- 3/4 cup vegetable milk (we use soy) (175mL)
- 1/4 cup coffee (60mL)
- 1/4 cup EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil (60mL)
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax seeds (7g)+ 3 tbsp water)
- Healthy Frosting
- 1-2 tbsp coffee
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl: flour, finely ground hazelnuts (blend hazelnuts in a food processor before), baking soda and powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Mix wet ingredients: Our favourite Healthy Sweetener Date Paste, milk, coffee, flax egg and oil.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients.
- Transfer the batter to a greased baking loaf pan and bake it for 20-30 minutes at 180ºC.
- Let it cool before removing from the pan.
- Decorate with the Coffee Frosting: Mix our Healthy Frosting with 1-2 tbsp of coffe and refrigerate before adding to the cake. Sprinkle some chopped hazelnuts on top.
If you want to make this recipe Kid-Friendly you can use decaffeinated coffee instead.