This sweet recipe is a Spanish typical dessert made with rice, cow milk, sugar, cinnamon and lemon. It reminds me of childhood when my grandmother made it with all of her heart and wisdom. So we wanted to veganize it and make some Arroz con Leche vegan and also healthy replacing the sugar with our favourite sweetener Date Paste.This recipe is 100% Mindful and Slow, it takes time not to cook but to enjoy and be part of the cooking process. Even if it has less than 5 ingredients, we need to be careful of the process.Even if it is a typical dessert is naturally Gluten Free and Kid-Friendly. This Milk Rice recipe is an inspiration from my grandmother’s recipe but veganized and Living Like a Panda’s Recipe.Want to save this Recipe for later? Pin the recipe to your Pinterest boards:If you make this recipe leave a comment and don’t forget to share it on Instagram, tag me @EarthyMaite + #EarthyMaite! I love seeing your delicious recreations 🙂
Creamy, perfectly sweet and healthy Arroz con Leche - Spanish typical dessert. LESS than 5 INGREDIENTS.
- 4 1/4 cup vegetable milk (1L)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 small lemon zest
- 100g round rice
- 3 tbsp Date Paste (42g)
- Heat vegetable milk (we use unsweetened soy milk) with cinnamon stick and lemon zest. Add Date Paste, if you use sweetened plantbased milk skip this step.
- With the help of a wooden spoon, stir the milk well and press the date paste to the sides of the pan to incorporate it to the milk and help to dissolve it.
- When the milk begins to boil remove it from the heat and with the help of a strainer strain the milk carefully.
- Lower the heat and add the rice. Cook it for 20 minutes stirring rice every 2 minutes.
- Let cool and refrigerate in small glass jars or eat it warm with sprinkled cinnamon.
TIP: If you have a sweet tooth, add more Date Paste to the recipe but consider that the final result will come more brownie.