These vegan healthy waffles are perfectly crispy and flavored with a hint of apple pie and cinnamon! Super easy to make with a handful of pantry staples (wholefood ingredients and Naturally Sweetened!), and perfect for a healthy but indulgent breakfast or brunch. This recipe requires only 1 main bowl.My favorite breakfasts have always been either a good fruit-filled porridge with chocolate and peanut butter, or pancakes or crepes. But since I got a waffle maker I haven’t stopped making these waffles.
What are good waffles without a caramel on top? We used our Naturally Sweetened Cinnamon Salted Caramel is SUPER simple to make and very versatile. Waffles are a weekend breakfast because there is no rush, so you can make a batch of them fresh for weekend morning breakfast/brunch and then, freeze them and pop them in the toaster for a super quick breakfast.If you make this recipe leave a comment and don’t forget to share it on Instagram, tag me @EarthyMaite + #EarthyMaite! I love seeing your delicious recreations
Vegan healthy waffles: perfectly crispy and flavored with a hint of apple pie and cinnamon! Super EASY to make with wholefood ingredients and Naturally Sweetened! Perfect for a healthy but indulgent breakfast or brunch.
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax seeds (7g)+ 3 tbsp water)
- 1 tbsp EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 2/3 cup vegetable milk
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Mix wet ingredients: Applesauce, milk we use soy), flax egg, EVOO in a large bowl.
- Add dry ingredients into the bowl: Flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir until just combined. If batter appears too thick, add a little milk.
- Let batter rest for 5 minutes while preheating waffle iron.
- Spray the waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray or just a little bit of EVOO with parchment paper.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup of the batter onto the center of the iron, and cook according to your waffle iron.
- Once done, serve warm with spiced apples or cinnamon salted caramel made with dates.