This Cauliflower and Potato mash is deliciously smooth, very quick and easy to make (5 ingredients needed!), and full of flavor. It is a different way to eat cauliflower, especially for those who don’t like its texture or flavor.
The combination of textures with the spiced roasted chickpeas is perfect. As always it is a recipe with real food and this time it is gluten-free. Also, this creamy mash is a good alternative to mashed potatoes for children to incorporate more vegetables into their diet.
Need more inspiration for dinner ideas? Check out our favorite ones:
- The Easiest Dahl | Red lentil curry
- Creamy Mushroom Pasta
- Easy Gnocchi in creamy Spinach sauce
- Chickpea and Potato Yellow Curry
This Cauliflower and Potato mash is deliciously smooth, very quick and easy to make (5 ingredients needed!), and full of flavor. It is a different way to eat cauliflower, especially for those who don't like its texture or flavor.
Cauliflower & Potato Mash
- 2 medium potatoes (280g)
- 1/2 big cauliflower (600g)
- 1 small white onion (70g)
- 2 tbsp EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) (30ml)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (8g)
- Salt and pepper
Spicy roast Chickpeas
- 2 can cooked chickpeas (480g)
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Cook potatoes: Peel potatoes and cook them in boiling salted water.
- Cook cauliflower: Meanwhile cut the cauliflower into florets and after 5 minutes add it to the pot with the potatoes. Let them cook until they are soft (12 min).
- Sauté onion and garlic: Meanwhile, cut the onion and garlic and sauté them in a large frying pan with EVOO (later we will use it for the chickpeas). Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the onion is browned and the potatoes and cauliflower are cooked, place everything in a food processor. Add the nutritional yeast, EVOO, salt, and pepper, and process it well.
- Roast chickpeas: While processing, drain the chickpeas and toast them in the same pan where we browned onion with some more EVOO, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and mix herbs. Wait until they are toasted (5 min).