This pasta is creamy, comforting, and rich in flavor. It only takes 30 minutes to cook and only a few ingredients are needed. This creamy mushroom pasta is the perfect weeknight dinner or lunch! On our terrace, we have grown some huge cardoon mushrooms and we used them to serve on top of the recipe with some crispy kale and they were super tasty. Look how beautiful they are! As usual, we cooked with real foods as EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) instead of butter and whole wheat pasta which can be substituted for gluten-free pasta.
The sauce has half a kilo of mushrooms which makes it full of rich flavor. Pasta the vegetable cream we used the Almond Cuisine of Ecomil but you can use any other as long as it is without added sugars.Hungry for more Italian carbs? Check our favorite recipes!
- Brand new 6 INGREDIENT Pasta al Pesto Rosso
- Delicious Easy Gnocchi in creamy Spinach sauce
- Easy Roasted Pepper Pasta
Creamy, comforting, and rich in flavor Mushroom Pasta in 30 minutes and only a few ingredients are needed. The perfect weeknight dinner or lunch.
- 500g whole wheat pasta (we used Paccheri) or Gluten-Free pasta
- 300g oyster mushroom
- Some kale
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 500g fresh or frozen mushrooms
- 200ml plant-based unsweetened soy cream (we used Almond Cuisine from Ecomil)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 2 tbsp EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt & Pepper
- Cook veggies: Cut the onion and garlic and fry them in a large frying pan with EVOO and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta: Bring a pot of water to a boil and season with a pinch of salt. Once boiling, add the pasta and cook following the instructions of the package.
- Cook mushrooms: In the meantime cut the mushrooms (they don't need to be perfectly cut because then they will go to the blender for the sauce). Add the mushrooms to the pan and let them cook until the mushrooms are soft and the water they release disappears.
- Make the sauce: Take the mushrooms and onion to a blender or food processor and add the other ingredients for the sauce. Add water little by little until a creamy consistency, add more if necessary. Correct the salt and add more pepper to taste.
- Cook oyster mushrooms and kale: In the same pan with more EVOO add sliced oyster mushrooms and chopped kale and cook until they are crispy and golden brown.
- Serve: Pour the sauce into drained pasta and mix well. Add crispy oyster mushrooms and kale on top and enjoy.
This recipe is Gluten-Free if you use Gluten-Free pasta.