Soft and crispy gnocchi served in a creamy spinach sauce. This spinach sauce is easy to make (with only 5 INGREDIENTS) but rich in flavors. These gnocchi are the perfect weeknight meal. It’s super easy to make (LESS THAN 20 MINUTES TO COOK!) and incredibly comforting.This comforting meal it’s also full of nutrients since it is made with real foods. We like to serve these gnocchi with crispy mushrooms and some vegetable protein with a side salad.Here in Italy, gnocchi are only eaten cooked but I like to sauté them in the pan a little bit because the creamy sauce and the crispiness of the gnocchi create an exquisite difference of textures.
You only need 5 Ingredients to make the spinach sauce: Spinach, onion, garlic, nutritional yeast, and unsweetened vegetable cream (we used soy cream).Hungry for more carbs? Check this EASY Roasted Pepper Pasta or this Vegan Fideua.
Soft and crispy gnocchi served in a creamy spinach sauce. This spinach sauce is easy to make (only 5 INGREDIENTS) but rich in flavors.
- 500g gnocchi
- 400g mushrooms
Green Spinach Sauce
- 200g frozen spinach (5 frozen cubes)
- 1 medium onion (140g)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (10g)
- 5 tbsp soya cream (75g)
- 5 tbsp water (75g)
- Sauté vegetables: Chop onion and garlic and sauté them in a frying pan with EVOO at medium heat.
- Cook gnocchi: Bring a pot of water to a boil and season with a pinch of salt. Once boiling, add gnocchi and cook. TIP: We will know they are cooked when they start to float in the water.
- Cook spinach: When onion begins to toast, add the spinach and let it cook in the pan. Season to taste with salt and pepper. When the spinach is soft, remove the ingredients from the pan.
- In the same pan add a little more of oil and make gnocchi crispy.
- Meanwhile, in a small blender add the onion and cooked spinach with the soy cream, the nutritional yeast and the water. Blend it until creamy without lumps.
- Optional: In a frying pan with oil sauté some sliced mushrooms until they are golden and crispy.
- Serve crispy gnocchi with hot sauce and garnish with some golden mushrooms.
You can also add the sauce to any whole wheat or GF pasta meal.
You can also use fresh spinach.