This Chocolate Granola is all you need if you love chocolate (who doesn’t?) but want to eat healthy: no sugar-syrup and oils, aka WHOLEFOOD with only real foods. Very EASY to make and satisfying. This granola is perfect to have it with plant-based yogurt and fresh fruit, as a snack or with fresh or hot vegetable milk.
We love making this recipe in bulk to have breakfast ready when we are in a hurry.
We start with… Step 1: Place all dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
Step 3: Place the chocolate caramel into the bowl and mix with dry ingredients.
Finally… Step 4: Bake it until crispy and golden brown.
Crunchy, Not too Sweet, and Chocolate-y.
Want more Granola ideas? Check out our favorite ones:
- Healthy Pumpkin Granola Naturally Sweetened with our Pumpkin Butter
- Healthy Banana Bread Granola Naturally Sweetened with bananas and dates: Our HEALTHIEST Granola
The Healthiest Choclate Granola (no sugar-syrup and oils, aka WHOLEFOOD) for your quick or to-go breakfasts.
- 1/2 cup applesauce (1 big cooked apple)
- 3/4 cup of dates (120g)
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/4 cup melted chocolate, 70% cacao (45 g)
- 3 cup oats (300g)
- 1/2 cup oat flour (100g)
- 1/2 cup walnuts (50g)
- 1/2 cup almonds (60g)
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut (30g)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (40g)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt and ground ginger
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC.
- Blend wet ingredients: Applesauce, peanut butter and hydrated dates until smooth.
- Chop walnuts and almonds with a sharp knife and then in a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients: oat, oat flour, coco, cranberries and spices.
- Add the wet blend and melted chocolate to the bowl and mix with your hands.
- Put all the granola chunks in a baking tray with baking paper or silicone paper.
- Bake at 170ºC for 40 min fliping the granola in half time and until crispy and golden brown.
- Let cool and then keep it in an airtight container, we use glass airtight jars.
If you want to make this recipe nut free replace almonds and walnuts with sunflower and pumpkin seeds or peanuts.
If you want to make this recipe Gluten Free, make sure you use a certified GF oats and oat flour, normally written in the package.
Feel free to change the nuts with the ones of your choice, our favourites are cashews, almonds and pistachios.
TIP: Keep in mind the temperature of your oven and remember to turn the granola when half the time passes, you do not want to burn it.