This Creamy Cauliflower & Cheese pasta is creamy and rich in flavor. It takes less than 30 minutes to cook and only 5 ingredients are needed. This creamy cauliflower pasta is the perfect weeknight dinner or lunch!
Ingredients for this Cauliflower & Cheese Vegan Pasta Recipe:
- Fresh Cauliflower, the hero of the recipe.
- White Onion, for rich flavor.
- Unsweetened non-dairy milk for creaminess. We use unsweetened Calcium-fortified soy milk but you can use your favorite one.
- Vegan Parmesan-style Cheese for an extra cheesy flavor. We use an Italian vegan cheese brand but cheddar-style works very well.
- Whole-wheat pasta. For this dish, we use Strangozzi because they are extra-textured but you can use your favorite pasta, spaghetti works perfectly.
- For serving: Fresh thyme, extra grated vegan cheese, sauté cauliflower florets, and more black pepper.
As this recipe is rich in flavor but super easy to make, it is the perfect Healthy Kid-Friendly or family dinner. You can make the sauce in advance and freeze it so when in a rush, you only need to cook the pasta and reheat the sauce!
Need more incredible Pasta ideas?
- Easy & Creamy Mushroom Pasta
- 6-Ingredient Pasta al Pesto Rosso
- Easy Roasted Pepper Pasta
- Fideuá | Mediterranean Pasta
Vegan Cauliflower & Cheese pasta: creamy and rich in flavor. It takes less than 30 minutes to cook and only 5 ingredients are needed.
- ½ head of cauliflower (400g)
- 1 white onion
- 400 ml unsweetened non-dairy milk (I use soy)
- 300 g dried whole-wheat Strangozzi (you can use Spaghetti)
- 70 g vegan cheese, parmesan or cheddar style
- EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Fresh Thyme
- Make the sauce: Set a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Roughly chop the cauliflower and onion.
- Pour in the milk and add the chopped onion and cauliflower, bring just to the boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer.
- Cook pasta: In the meantime, cook the pasta in a pan of boiling salted water according to the packet instructions.
- Blend the sauce: When the cauliflower is almost cooked and soft, pour the cauliflower mixture into the processor, add the cheese, blend until super smooth, then season with salt and pepper, and return to the pan.
- Drain the pasta, reserving some cooking water.
- Serve: Toss the pasta through the sauce, loosening with a splash of reserved cooking water, if needed, then serve with more grated cheese, some sauté cauliflower, fresh thyme and pepper.
If you want to make this recipe Gluten Free, make sure you use Gluten-Free pasta.