This healthy Eggplant Dip is a fresh and creamy dip made with simple ingredients. Are you tired of hummus and guacamole? I’ll never be but I do like to change it up a bit. That’s why today I show you this recipe that is not the traditional Babaganoush and is perfect on toast, with raw vegetables, or in sandwiches. This dip makes a delicious appetizer. As always, this dip is simple and healthy with only real foods.
Start baking the eggplant previously cut in half and cut into rhombus shapes. In the meantime prepare the veggies: cut the cherry tomatoes in quarters, finely chop the parsley, and carefully seed the pomegranate. Then to a food processor add the wet ingredients and blend: peeled eggplant, tahini, EVOO, lemon juice, garlic clove, salt, and pepper.
Finish adding all the chopped veggies into a large bowl with the eggplant dip and stir.
Serve this creamy but light eggplant dip with some toasted whole wheat bread and some EVOO or eat it with raw vegetables: carrots, peppers, cauliflower…
Need more Dip Recipe Ideas? Check out our favorite ones:
- Pink Hummus The Easiest and Prettiest Beetroot Hummus
- Edamame & Pea SpreadGreen DIP
- Sweet Potato & Peanut Butter DIP Super Easy 2-Ingredient Sweet Dip
- Mushroom Walnut Paté super flavorful Vegan Paté
This recipe is a version of Plenty recipe book from Yotam Ottolenghi (love this book!).
Fresh Eggplant Dip: healthy and creamy vegan dip with simple ingredients. Not the traditional babaganoush. The perfect delicious appetizer.
- 1 eggplant
- 4 1/2 tbsp tahini (70g)
- 60ml water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 cucumber (180g)
- 6 cherry tomatoes (90g)
- Pomegranate seeds (90g)
- Bake eggplant: Preheat oven to 180ºC. In the meantime, cut the eggplant in half and cut it into rhombus shapes. Bake it until softened and golden brown (20 min).
- Prepare veggies: Cut the cherry tomatoes in quarters, finely chop the parsley, and carefully seed the pomegranate.
- Make the Dip: To a food processor add peeled eggplant, tahini, EVOO, lemon juice, garlic clove, salt, and pepper, and blend. Add the mixture to a big mixing bowl and add the vegetables and combine.
- Serve: Toast some whole wheat bread (or Gluten-Free bread) and serve some dip with a drizzle of EVOO and more chopped parsley.